Thursday, May 3, 2012

Photo A Day May - Something I Wore Today



I'm into my next project....  This is Photo A Day May and today's theme is Something I Wore Today.

I wore my sunglasses.  This picture is of my sunnies at sunset.

Not expensive or glamorous sunglasses.  Just my cheap sunnies that I use sometimes to cover tears as I watch the boys doing "normal" things or achieving "small" things.  There really is no such thing as "small" in my world.  Every day I wake up to the sound of one or both of the boys creeping not so quietly up the hall is HUGE!  We don't do small.  Everything they do makes me happy.  We do happy in size HUGE too.

The flip side is we can sometimes do sad in size HUGE.....  Oh how I did HUGE sad last year (check out the link if you want to cry with me).  So so sad in HUGE.  I am a bit of a crier in general.....  Not just in HUGE sad moments though.  I cry when I'm sad and I cry when I'm happy.  I cry when I'm inspired and I cry when I'm worried, anxious and tired.....

Contrary to popular belief....  I am pretty soft.  The tears are a river of feelings escaping from my soul.  I don't subscribe to "big girls don't cry."  I lean instead towards evolved girls AND boys cry when they need to....  I live a life of being open and giving with my emotions.  I think that my complete openness with my emotions has helped the boys grasp what sorting and processing theirs are (which is difficult for people with ASD).

I think by giving my boys the gift of expressing feelings and showing them how to express theirs has helped them bust down the old stereotypes.

I couldn't find two more loving little boys than my cuddly guys who tell me they love me at least daily.  Those moments bring yet more tears to my eyes of course.  Those moments are the HUGE ones I live openly for.

C.x

No comments:

Post a Comment