Monday, May 7, 2012

Photo A Day May - FUN, BIRD, YOU

Photo A Day May Day 4 - FUN! 

Friday afternoon fun discarded to go inside for dinner and a bath now after preschool and late afternoon play. Scooter lying in wait on the driveway BUT all weekend ahead to play all day. Ah to be 4 years old.  



4 years old and playing "appropriately," freely and with typical 4 year old abandon is even better if you ask me....  I watch their play with joy.  Fun.





Photo A Day May Day 5 - BIRD

J's first foray in Karate today at a party. Is it just me or is he channeling Daniel San doing "The Crane?" Ok, it's not perfect but he wasn't trained by Mr Miyagi....  What is note worthy is that J was just another child at that party.  So was H.  Not once did I need to "explain" a diagnosis or behaviour.  Two boys at a party with 15 kids.  A new experience, new people, new place and new skills being learned every day.  



Just an everyday little boy doing his best Karate Kid moves.





Photo A Day May Day 6 - YOU (me).

Here I am... Whether crawling through shit/mud, seeing the sun after a storm, partying, loving on my lady loves (besties), raising awareness, fighting for my babies, cuddling my family or just hanging with the hubby and trying to move forward with our life after that storm mentioned above... I am always me. I make no apologies for who, what, how I am and have a firm like it or lump it policy. I swear too much, I love too much, I sing and dance badly but enthusiastically and I drink too many cocktails when I'm out with the girls. I love love love laughing and try to find an excuse to do exactly that every day and think that laughter through tears is possibly the most beautiful feeling in the entire world. 



I'm by nooooo means everyone's cup of tea. I'm ok with that. More a cup of coffee. Strong and hot (when I scrub up AND hot tempered) and sometimes wakes you up like a slap in the face. 
I am nearly comfortable in my skin for the first time in 38 years after doing an incredible amount of work on myself physically, emotionally and spiritually over the last year and even on the bad days I don't think I'd trade my life (me) for anything else as the lessons I've learned have made me rich with not cash but life and love.


I am who I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment